Lugansk State Medical University (Lugansk , Ukraine)was founded in 1956. Lugansk State Medical University received the university status in 1994. In 1983, there were established departments of foreign students and pediatric. In 1998 the university opened the pharmaceutical and dental faculties. Faculty also operates postgraduate training students.
University maintains active international activity. Students from the Middle East (Iran, Iraq ) , Africa (Ghana , Nigeria , Egypt , Libya, Morocco ) and Southeast Asia (India, Malaysia, Singapore ) . University trains doctors of various specialties , pharmacists .
State Establishment “Lugansk State Medical University” SE LSMU. Established on 6 May 1956, and currently, the university is a powerful educational – scientific and medical complex that includes medical and biological boarding schools, gymnasium, classrooms in remote areas of the region, and six faculties. The University enrolled nearly 3,000 students, including foreigners from more than 60 countries. The School has 40 departments, among them – 22 clinical and 18 theoretical. Postgraduate education is on the faculty of postgraduate education, where there are 6 chairs. Diploma studies based on the application of modern educational technologies aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of the learning process. The university employs 400 teachers, among them 76 doctors of sciences, professors, 288 candidates of sciences, associate professors, 9 Honored Science and Technology and one Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, 5 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine, two experts LHC.
The University was founded in 1956, according to the Council of Ministers Decree number 2522 of May 6, 1956 when he was called Voroshylovgrad State Medical Institute. The first rector was the acting chief physician of the regional hospital named after Dzerzhinsky, Honored Doctor of Ukraine Ivan D. Vashenko.
He was succeeded by Eugene Palchevskiy Gnatovych, who led the Institute from 02/25/1957 to 25/05/1960 R., MD, professor, graduated from Kyiv Medical Institute, a member of the Second World War. Under his leadership, began implementation of the first academic staff and students of the Institute, opened the Academic Council and the Student Society.
Povelitsya Theodore D. – led the Institute from 25/05/1960 to 18/11/1963 was PhD, Associate Professor. He graduated from the Kharkov Medical First hygienic Institute (1933-1936 gg.)He was involved in the fighting on the fronts of World War II. Much attention is paid to the development of clinical site of the institute.
Korchykov Donat G. – Director of the Institute of 18.11.1963 to 27.12.1966, the, PhD, Associate Professor. In 1940-1941 he studied at the Kharkov Medical Institute from 1941 to 1942 – in the Tashkent Medical Institute in 1942-1943 – in Kharkiv infantry-mortar school, combatants of the Second World War. In 1946-1950 he studied and graduated from the Dnepropetrovsk Medical Institute. Completed clinical sites forming the Institute, he worked part-time assistant professor of Surgery Hospital.
Tchaikovsky Irina Josypivna – Rector of the Institute from January 1967 to June 1975, MD, Professor, Honored Worker of Higher School. In 1941 graduated from Kyiv Medical Institute. From 1956 to 1984 headed the department of anatomy, during the years of its leadership has been opened specialized Academic Council of the defense of dissertations, built administrative building and two dormitories. Institute became famous scientific institution, furthermore, at its base diverse educational work carried out, in particular functioned student amateur, and started a medical professional orientation among rural youth. Together with Joseph I. Tchaikovsky in Lugansk was carried away session of the USSR on problems of health workers coalmining industry.
Faddeev Anatoly – Rector of the Medical University 26.09.1975 to 15.08.1984, the, PhD, Associate Professor, Head of Department of Forensic Medicine. He graduated from Odessa Medical Institute in 1955 while working as rector paid much attention to the structure of the new academic building, hostel and Palace of Sports. He made the opening of new faculties: Advanced Medical (1979) Pediatrics (1983). Since 1983 began training foreign students in the medical faculty. Under his leadership began conducting scientific research on the problems of immunology and opened specialized laboratories in several departments.
Koveshnikov Vladimir G. – Rector (1984-2003 years), MD, Professor, Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine, academician of Academy High School, winner of the State Prize of Ukraine. Professor of anatomy. Graduated from the Saratov Medical Institute in 1955 carried out the changes in the activities of the Institute, which in 1994 was renamed the University. In terms of academic training University won a prestigious place among the leaders of higher medical education in Ukraine. For years of construction management organization committed teaching and administrative building, dormitory, university dental clinic palace book stadium, “Pharmacy schools” and others. Opened new departments: dental, pharmacy, nursing, bachelors. University became famous medical training and research institution among the foreign countries.
There are 51 departments in the Lugansk State Medical University
State Establishment Lugansk State Medical University has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment and surrounded with recreation center. The University possesses 5 hostels with the total area of 28431 sq.m for accommodation of 2220 students.
The International Office provides a guarantee of accommodation placement services to all international students who receive an academic offer. There are several accommodation options for international students and it is important to consider whether you prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community. Combine the convenience of living on or near campus, access to programs and services to help you excel academically, the opportunity to build lasting friendships, and comfortable, affordable living and you have the life of a University. The territory of the University and the main students’ routes from the hostels to the educational buildings are protected and patrolled by officers of guard service.
All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility. Hostel No.5 is provided with the free internet facility. Hostel No.5 is equipped with wi-fi zone. Students can use a laptop, wi-fi phone or other suitable portable device to access the wireless internet connection provided. Rooms on campus are available to students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.